Downtown Development Manager
The City of Cartersville’s Downtown Development Manager will provide leadership and direction for the City’s downtown development/revitalization and Main Street Programs. This position is responsible for managing the City’s downtown development program and Main Street Program, including business development/recruitment, existing business outreach, marketing/promotional initiatives, etc., in coordination with the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) Board and Cartersville City Manager.
This position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree: Business Administration, Public Administration, Economic Development, Marketing and/or equivalent experience.
• 3 years’ prior experience in a leadership/supervisory role/position involving supervision/direction of paid and voluntary staff in a public or non-profit organization, preferably in DDA, Historic Preservation, Main Street revitalization focus.
• 3-5 years’ experience in leadership role with Downtown Development Organization, especially in supervising/developing staff/employees.
• Ability to build strong organizational teams, both with internal and external stake holders.
• Skill in developing relationships with existing/potential membership, staff, local/state officials, and elected officials.
• Demonstrated ability to procure grants, donations, and other funding necessary to successfully accomplish Downtown Goals/objectives.
• Ability to develop budgets and ensure financial accountability.
• Excellent written/verbal presentation skills, especially in promotion of special events.
• Ability to develop/implement strategies to accomplish organizational vision and directives form DDA Board and City Manager.
• Demonstrated ability to use business/office software, especially Micro Office software and other software related to Downtown business and economic development.
• Provide leadership/direction for Cartersville Downtown Development in implementing/completing all short/long term/strategic plans, programs, projects, initiatives, etc.
• Implement vision/initiatives/strategies in coordination with Cartersville city manager and DDA Board.
• Coordinate initiatives with allied organizations, including Cartersville-Bartow Joint Development Authority, Cartersville Visitor’s Bureau, Cartersville/Bartow Chamber of Commerce, City of
Cartersville Departments, etc.
• Develop processes to meet the needs of Downtown businesses and stakeholders.
• Develop annual budget for the DDA in coordination with DDA Board, City Director of Finance, and City Manager, ensuring financial accountability.
• Direct professional/paid and volunteer staff.
• Build strong relationships with appropriate local, state, federal agencies and allied organizations.
• Serve as DDA representative to DDA Board Meetings, Downtown Merchants Association meetings, and other organizations/entities as directed/required.
• Develop/present information/data in monthly report format to update City Manager and DDA Board regarding all activity and results.
Compensation: Base salary plus excellent benefits package.Download